We are seeking experienced and dependable Construction Safety Officer (CSO) and Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 2 to join our team. Reporting to the Site Superintendent, the OFA is responsible for assisting the site team by performing tasks involving construction safety, first aid and physical labour at construction sites to ensure smooth and safe site operations.
- Compliance with Alabaster policies, Health & Safety Program, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Provide support to the Site Superintendent and site management team through various hands-on site safety and construction tasks.
- Ensure first aid room is clean and stocked.
- Lifting and moving construction materials/tools to and from work areas.
- Inventory tools, equipment, machinery, etc.
- Perform safety and inventory check of all power tools and light equipment.
- Clean hand tools and other equipment as required.
- Perform duties as directed by the Site Superintendent.
- Work cooperatively with other Alabaster team members and trades.
- General site cleanup including but not limited to debris, trash, and snow removal.
- This position may require the General Labourer to work scheduled overtime and weekends to meet the needs of the business.
- Certificate of education for Construction Safety Officer Training from British Columbia
- Previous working experience on a construction site is a must
- Previous Bobcat operating experience would be helpful.
- Physical ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, scaffolds, and other objects.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- A valid Working at Heights training certificate.
- WHMIS and Safety Awareness training certificates.
- Basic construction knowledge.
- Committed dedication to safety.
- Strong focus on attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to make decisions based on sound judgement and reasoning.
- Ability to work both independently and under the direct supervision in a busy environment.
- Ability to prioritize work
- Competitive wages based on experience.
- Extended health & dental benefits (with full-time employment).
- Two weeks’ vacation.
- Submit a resume to [email protected]
- In subject line include: “Application for CSO & OFA”
- Position will be open until filled
- Only select candidates will be contacted for an interview