Alabaster Homes (Alabaster) is a locally owned and managed real estate development company that specializes in mid-size multifamily projects, with a current focus in Vancouver and Richmond. Founded by partners with over 30 years of experience in the Metro Vancouver development industry, the company prides itself on its unique ability to collaborate with top designers, consultants, and construction partners. Over the past six year, the partners of Alabaster have carefully assembled a committed team, and an enviable portfolio of development properties within some of the most desirable locations. To effectively lead its upcoming projects, Alabaster is seeking an up-and- coming real estate professional to join the team as Development Coordinator.
Working as part of Alabaster’s development team, the Development Coordinator (DC) will be responsible for simultaneously managing multiple multi-family residential projects through each stage of the development process. The DC will be expected to do the following:
- Support members of the land acquisitions team by assembling data that relates to project feasibility.
- Facilitate communication between the company and various members of project consultant teams.
- Create and manage schedules to ensure project milestones are met.
- Coordinate various permit applications and attend meetings with municipal staff as needed.
- Administer and monitor budget and consultant contracts.
- Support various members of the Development team as needed.
To fulfill the obligations of this opportunity, candidates require at least 5 years of relevant real estate development experience, ideally in the City of Vancouver. Experience with purpose-built rental projects would be beneficial. Applicants require post-secondary education in Commerce, Architecture, Planning or another related discipline. Individuals interested must have business acumen and proven success managing multiple complex projects simultaneously. Candidates also require a current knowledge of the Metro Vancouver real estate market and an extensive and solid network of industry colleagues. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are assumed.
In addition, to thrive within the Alabaster team, applicants must be:
- Highly driven, creative and resourceful;
- Truly people-oriented, with an innate ability to build positive, reliable relationships;
- Positive in outlook, with an inclination to see the best in people and situations;
- Passionate about real estate and motivated to create well-designed homes;
- Resilient and a natural problem solver, able to persist when confronted with a challenge;
- Detail-oriented, and able to devise and implement effective systems and processes;
- Highly ethical, respectful and good-humoured.
If you believe you meet the qualifications highlighted above, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected], Subject: Development Coordinator Application 3122021. While we thank all applicants for their interest in this role, only select individuals will be contacted for follow-up.