Alabaster Homes (Alabaster) is a locally owned and managed real estate development company that specializes in mid-size multifamily projects, with a current focus in Vancouver and Richmond. Founded by partners with over 30 years of experience in the Metro Vancouver development industry, the company prides itself on its unique ability to collaborate with top designers, consultants, and construction partners. Over the past six year, the partners of Alabaster have carefully assembled a committed team, and an enviable portfolio of development properties within some of the most desirable locations. To effectively lead its upcoming projects, Alabaster is seeking an up-and- coming real estate professional to join the team as Development Manager.
Working as part of Alabaster’s development team, the Development Manager (DM) will be responsible for simultaneously managing multiple multi-family residential projects through each stage of the development process. The DM will be expected to do the following:
- Support members of the land acquisitions team by assembling data that relates to project feasibility.
- Build effective relationships with municipal staff to help guide projects through the approvals process.
- Take a lead role in guiding projects through the public consultation process and municipal approvals process.
- Manage a team of project consultants through the design development process, ensuring the optimal balance between business and design objectives.
- Act in a leadership role for each project assigned to him/her, and proactively coordinate between internal and external parties to ensure project success.
- Work closely with the company’s in-house Leasing and Marketing team throughout the marketing and leasing cycle and share in the celebration of each project’s success.
- Work collaboratively with the Finance department to provide timely updates to project pro-formas and pertinent inputs that affect project profitability
- Support other members of the Development team by mentoring and collaborating as needed.
To fulfill the obligations of this opportunity, candidates require at least 5 years of relevant real estate development experience, ideally in the City of Vancouver. Experience with purpose-built rental projects would be beneficial. Applicants require post-secondary education in Commerce, Architecture, Planning or another related discipline. Individuals interested must have business acumen and proven success managing multiple complex projects simultaneously. Candidates also require a current knowledge of the Metro Vancouver real estate market and an extensive and solid network of industry colleagues. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are assumed.
In addition, to thrive within the Alabaster team, applicants must be:
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful with strong business acumen;
- Highly driven with an inherent ability to successfully move projects forward;
- Truly people-oriented, with an innate ability to build positive, reliable relationships;
- Patient and keen to share knowledge with junior team members and other colleagues;
- Positive in outlook, with an inclination to see the best in people and situations;
- Passionate about real estate and motivated to create well-designed homes;
If you believe you meet the qualifications highlighted above, please send your resume and cover letter to Kristina Morse of Resolve Search via [email protected], Subject: Alabaster Development Manager Application. While we thank all applicants for their interest in this role, only select individuals will be contacted for follow-up.