Alabaster Homes is a locally-owned and managed real estate development company that specializes in multi-family projects in Metro Vancouver. Historically focused in Vancouver and Richmond, some of the company’s past successes include award-winning townhome developments such as Oak + Park, Yukon Residences, and Spires Gate. Alabaster is currently developing a range of mid- to high-density condominium and apartment projects throughout Metro Vancouver and other markets in BC. To effectively execute its upcoming projects, Alabaster is seeking an up-and-coming real estate professional to join the team as Development Manager.
As an integral member of Alabaster’s development team, the Development Manager (DM) will be responsible for simultaneously managing multiple projects through each stage of the development process. The DM will report to the Director of Development, and in collaboration with Alabaster’s in-house teams, the DM will:
- Contribute to the evaluation of projects during land acquisitions;
- Build productive relationships with municipal staff and effectively guide projects through the approvals process;
- Lead projects through the public consultation and municipal approvals process;
- Manage teams of project consultants through the design development process, ensuring the optimal balance between business and design objectives;
- Work productively with the company’s in-house Construction team through pre-construction to ensure design decisions are aligned with costing expectations;
- Collaborate with the company’s in-house Sales and Marketing team throughout the sales cycle and share in the celebration of each project’s success;
- Provide timely updates to project pro-formas and pertinent inputs that affect project profitability to Alabaster’s Finance team, Executives and investors; and
- Support other members of the Development team through mentorship and collaboration as required.
To fulfill the obligations of this opportunity, the ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of relevant real estate development experience, ideally with an established and productive multifamily developer. Applicants also require post-secondary education in Business, Architecture, Engineering or another related discipline. Individuals interested must have proven success managing multiple complex projects simultaneously. Candidates also require a current knowledge of the Vancouver real estate market and an extensive and solid network of industry colleagues. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are assumed.
In addition, to thrive within the Alabaster team, applicants must be:
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful with strong business acumen;
- Highly-driven with an inherent ability to successfully move projects forward;
- Truly people-oriented, with an innate ability to build positive, reliable relationships;
- Patient and keen to share knowledge with junior team members and other colleagues;
- Positive in outlook, with an inclination to see the best in people and situations;
- Passionate about real estate and motivated to create well-designed homes;
- Resilient and a natural problem solver, able to persist when confronted with a challenge;
- Detail-oriented, and able to devise and implement effective systems and processes;
- Comfortable in a construction environment, with strong ability to understand drawings; and
- Highly ethical, respectful and good-humoured.
If you believe you meet the qualifications highlighted above, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Re: Development Manager Application. While we thank all applicants for their interest in this role, only select individuals will be contacted for follow-up.