Alabaster Homes (Alabaster) is a locally owned and managed real estate development company that specializes in mid-size multifamily projects, with a current focus in Vancouver and Richmond. Founded by partners with over 30 years of experience in the Metro Vancouver development industry, the company prides itself on its unique ability to collaborate with top designers, consultants, and construction partners. Over the past six years, the partners of Alabaster have carefully assembled a committed team, and an enviable portfolio of development properties within some of the most desirable locations. To effectively lead its upcoming projects, Alabaster is seeking an experienced professional to join the team as Director of Development.
Working in collaboration with Alabaster’s senior leadership team, the Director of Development (Director) will be responsible for simultaneously managing multiple multi-family residential projects through each stage of the development process. During project feasibility, the Director will provide market insights to support with the evaluation of project viability. Drawing upon his/her knowledge of policy and positive relationships with municipal staff, the Director will effectively guide projects through the approvals process. He/she will proactively engage with community groups, to share relevant information and address their concerns. The Director will manage external consultants through design development and assist them in finding the optimal balance between business and design objectives. He/she will then work closely with the company’s in-house Construction team to ensure that projects are built as planned. The Director will support the company’s in-house Sales and Marketing team throughout the sales cycle and share in the celebration of each project’s success. He/she will be a team leader, charged with hiring, mentoring and supporting other members of the Development team. The Director will be an integral component of Alabaster’s management team and will be well-positioned for advancement to a future senior leadership role.
To fulfill the obligations of this opportunity, candidates require at least 10 years of real estate development experience, ideally with an established and productive multifamily developer. Applicants also require post-secondary education in Commerce, Architecture, Planning or another related discipline. Individuals interested must have business acumen and proven success managing multiple complex projects simultaneously. Candidates also require a current knowledge of the Vancouver real estate market and an extensive and solid network of industry colleagues. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are assumed.
In addition, to thrive within the Alabaster team, applicants must be:
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful with strong business acumen;
- Highly driven with an inherent ability to successfully move projects forward;
- Truly people-oriented, with an innate ability to build positive, reliable relationships;
- Patient and keen to share knowledge with junior team members and other colleagues;
- Positive in outlook, with an inclination to see the best in people and situations;
- Passionate about real estate and motivated to create well-designed homes;
- Resilient and a natural problem solver, able to persist when confronted with a challenge;
- Detail-oriented, and able to devise and implement effective systems and processes;
- Comfortable in a construction environment, with strong ability to understand drawings; and
- Highly ethical, respectful and good-humoured.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to pursue the next stage of your career and meet the qualifications highlighted above, please send your resume and cover letter to Kristina Morse of Resolve Search via email@example.com. While we thank all applicants for their interest in this role, only select individuals will be contacted for follow-up.