Alabaster Homes is a locally-owned and managed real estate development company that specializes in mid-size multifamily projects in Vancouver and Richmond. Founded by partners with over 30 years of experience the Metro Vancouver development industry, the company prides itself on its unique ability to collaborate with the top designers, consultants and construction firms. Over the past six years, the partners of Alabaster Homes have assembled a high-caliber team, along with an enviable portfolio of development projects within some of Vancouver’s most desirable neighbourhoods. To effectively manage upcoming projects, Alabaster Homes is preparing to expand and seeks a Project Manager (PM) to join its construction team.
Working in collaboration with Alabaster’s construction team, the PM will be responsible for successfully delivering a portfolio of residential and commercial developments. He/she will work closely with colleagues to evaluate project plans and seek opportunities to improve design and save costs. Once project design is formalized, the PM will work closely with Alabaster’s Director of Construction to finalize project budgets, schedules and scopes of work and then to tender and award work. The PM will be immersed in the project to the degree required to ensure that Alabaster’s goals, milestones and standards are being achieved. The PM will establish and maintain strong relationships with sub-contractors, consultants and trades as well as with all departments within the company. He/she will maintain a thorough and current awareness of all projects and provide effective updates to company owners and other stakeholders. The PM will also support Alabaster’s Homeowner Care and Warranty service initiatives. He/she will also directly manage teams to deliver small projects from time to time. Ultimately, the PM will ensure that all company projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and to Alabaster’s high standards for quality and safety.
To fulfill the obligations of this role, candidates require three to five years of experience in wood-frame or concrete multi-family development experience, ideally with an established and productive Metro Vancouver developer or general contractor. Applicants also require post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering, Building Technology or other related disciplines. Individuals pursuing this role must have a thorough and current working knowledge of construction costs, regional building requirements and best practices. Applicants must have a proven success managing multiple complex projects simultaneously. Candidates also require an extensive and solid network of industry colleagues. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are assumed.
In addition, to thrive within the Alabaster team, applicants must be:
- Versatile, resourceful, and independent while also a consummate team-player;
- Truly people-oriented, with an innate ability to build positive, reliable relationship;
- Patient and keen to share knowledge with junior team members and other colleagues;
- Positive in outlook, with an inclination to see the best in people and situations;
- Passionate about real estate and motivated to create well-designed homes;
- Resilient and a natural problem solver, able to persist when confronted with a challenge; and
- highly-ethical, respectful and good-humoured.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- In subject line include: “Application for Project Manager”
- Position will be open until filled
- Only select candidates will be contacted for an interview